Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Things change, or do they?

Logan is doing great! Generally, he is only waking up once a night, which is great. Diane and I have worked out a schedule which seems to work for us. I take the 10 pm to 3:30 am shift and she takes 3:30 am till 10 pm. Logan is getting to the point where if I can get him down by 11ish, he'll sleep till 4:30. Good boy! Daddy loves you! This schedule is likely to change, if mom has anything to say about it.

I was thinking last night that before I got married and really probably until Camille came along
that I pretty much felt that all little newborns were aliens and all looked the same. In fact, what could be worse than being cornered by an annoying proud papa with a shoebox full of pictures of his new son? Generally, you try to come up with about three or four things to say that are somewhat flattering, even if you don't believe them. My favorite was: "Good looking kid you got there...looks like he got all the recessive traits".

Things are different now. Now, I look at Logan or Camille, and as far as I'm concerned, there aren't any cuter kids that have ever been born. In fact, my son and niece make other little kids look like livestock (generally). Please don't take offense. The truth does hurt sometimes. In any case, I'd like to show you some pics of Logan, matched up with some pics of other peoples' kids, to prove my point:

My son:














Annoying proud papa's kid:


















My son:














Someone else's Son:



















My Son:



















Another person's attempt:



















My Son:














NOT my Son:



















My Son:














Another person's child:















Well, I think my point has been proven. Naturally I'm partial to Logan, but isn't every annoying proud papa the same????

Ok, as you can see Logan is really upset, and with good reason:
Logan, Cousin Camille and their parents were in Aspen last week (which I will write about in the next post) and while there, we all rode the gondola to the top of Aspen Mountain. While on the gondola, Logan read a little placard dedicating that particular car to some guy named "Whipple". This is no joke. The guy's name was really "Whipple". I was talking to Logan about this and he seemed to think that parents can really do a kid a great disservice by naming them something foolish like "Whipple". "Whipple's" parents needed to be flogged. Perhaps "Whipple" had a brother named "Benis". Who knows. But Logan is right...to all you parents out there...DON'T disadvantage your kid by naming them something so hideous, it makes teenage acne look fun.

That's about it for now.

aaron

1 comment:

Auntie JoJo said...

AWWWWWW! HOW CUTE!!!!!!!! I'm glad to hear that Logan is sleeping better. I see he's starting to enjoy his baths now. Now, as for YOU having the cutest kid...

Love, Uncle Fred, Auntie JoJo, Cecilia, Sarah