Sunday, June 17, 2007

Aspen in June

Well, Logan went on his first vacation to Aspen a week or so ago. We, along with Jesse, Andrea and Camille spent a fantastic week up in the mountains, where the air is cool, the people are rich and young couples with babies are rare. Needless to say, as you can see, Logan had a great time:



This trip was really great for all of us. We were all able to relax and sort things out, after going through the stress of the first two months of a newborn. Yikes! In any case, enough of me. Logan is going to narrate the rest of this post for you.

Hi to all those interested in me. I only hope you will feel the same about me when I'm fat and old like my dad. We'll see. In any case, I was hurting the other day.


Auntie Andrea made some killer chili, which mom was gracious enough to put in my bottle, but boy did I pay for it. Actually, I made daddy pay for it by making him stay up half the night because I could neither fart nor burp. That'll teach him.

Man. I felt like I had such a hangover after that night. I won't be doing that again. Of course my dorky parents were completely unaware of my state and decided that snapping pics of me during my sorry state was "cute" and needed to be remembered. Where do they get off anyway? Maybe I'll fuss about it. That's about the only recourse I have at this point. I can't even hold my head up for long, let alone voice my distaste for this nonsense. Dad says I should pray about it and that God will answer my prayers in about 6 or 7 years. Real funny.



Finally! Someone listened to me about my new pacifier invention. If you take a pacifier and unscrew the back cap, you can fill it with various liquids, such as pepsi, formula or cognac. I'm not sure what they put in my passy, but MAN. I was @!%^$-faced there for a while. All I know is if I even smell that stuff again, I'm going to yark. It is a cool invention though. I'm going to try and sell it on the web. My uncle says he'll build a site for me and everything. The only problem is money...my best bet is to sell pictures of me. Autographed ones will cost more. If you want one with a formula stain, just ask.

It might look like I'm sleeping here, but I'm not. I'm actually doing crunchies. Its really embarrassing how I've just let my body go to pot. I'm starting to look like a pastry...uncooked pastry.


Look, let me give you a piece of advice: If you're going to tell me something, let it be something I care about. Its so hard to pretend otherwise. Say for instance you think I want to hear about what a great driver you are. So you say "Man, I haven't gotten a ticket in three years." Really? That's so interesting. Tell me MORE.

"Yeah. In fact I've been pulled over three times and STILL haven't gotten a ticket". Shiver me timbers! Before I respond, let me bask in the radiance of your wit.

Have you all met my cousin Camille? She's pretty cool, but she likes to squeeze my face when nobody's looking, which really sucks because (like I said earlier),
I can't really do much about it. Camille is pretty cool though. She can walk. She even gets to eat things other than formula. Don't get me wrong...sometimes there's nothing better than a bottle of formula, but I've seen the way she eats grapes and strawberries and it seems like I'm missing out. I can't wait till I'm older. I think Camille and I will have some fun. I expect I'll get to pull her pig-tails at some point. She'll like that.


Ha ha ha ha ha! Man. Mommy sure is funny. She just told a really funny joke. You wanna here it?

What's brown and sticky? A stick!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...welp...there goes my diaper.

As daddy said previously, we were in Aspen which is pretty cool. As you can see, there are some nice views. It was pretty cold up there too. I decided I'd catch the views some other time, so I had mom wrap me up real good. Truth be told, being held by mom is better than some crummy old mountains. Heck, instead of wasting $50 just to ride up to the top of the lift and snap a few pictures, just go and buy a National Geographic for $4 and take a picture of that. There are two benefits to that. One is that you save a boat load of money. Two is that the pic in National Geographic is better than anything you can take. Nobody asks me though. Of course my talking skills aren't exactly polished yet. If I told you, all you'd hear is waaaaaaaaaaaaah. Or something like that.

It was mom's birthday when we were up in Aspen, so I took her to a really nice restaurant there, called "Campo di Fiori". I highly recommend it, as the formula there is top notch. In any case, I had pops pay for the shin-dig. And yes...I did get mom something (lest any of you out there think I'm some sort of cad, like my dad). I let her feed me. Recall I don't have much money at this point, so I figured I'd give mom some special time with me and I'm pretty sure she really enjoyed it. I can't tell for sure though. I was pretty hungry and when I'm hungry I can't think.

Dad was telling me about the guys that host his website (www.inkonomy.com). Man. Those guys are idiots!

I don't get how they ever built a $40 million dollar company. They seem to be destroying it pretty deftly though. It sounds like they get their management ideas from the local ape cage. Yeesh. Keep the forks away from those guys. They might be blind and impotent by the time they figure out what a fork is for.

Well, I hate to do this, but its time to call it a night. I'm really tired and its about time for my second dinner...formula as you can imagine. I'm sure you all are as upset as I am that I have to end this.


Don't worry too much though. I will check in again soon. Mom took some unbelievable pics of me dressed as a chili pepper and a choir boy. I'm sure my dating life will suffer because of those, but given my current state of helplessness, what can I possibly do??? Good night!

This is daddy again...Logan is down for the night, which means I should be too. There's nothing more delightful than a sleeping baby.


aaron

1 comment:

Auntie JoJo said...

Hi cuz! Mommy and I just finished reading your blog. Man, you sure are funny and cute! Hey, I know something else thats brown and sticky. Well, time for mommy to put me down for the night, too. Can't wait till your next blog!

Love, Sarah