Monday, May 28, 2007

A day in the life of Logan

Its been a while since I've been able to post about my son. Needless to say, things have been really busy, tiring, stressful and so on. I could say time has flown by, but it hasn't. It has been acting constipated, much like Logan (well, he was. A well placed suppository took care of that in a jiffy. Pretty gross.). I have a boatload to say and write about, but as it happens, I'm really tired as we speak. So, I am just going to post a series of pictures diane and I took will hanging out in the nursery with Logan.

Logan just figured out how much he's going to have to pay in taxes, once he gets a job. He wasn't thrilled with the idea, and in fact, pooed his di-di when he first heard. Grandpa told him not to worry and that with some good financial planning, he could minimize his losses. Logan still wasn't happy, but he both resigned himself to it and also resolved to make it work, as you can see. He also wants to take care of mom just as well as she is taking care of him.




At this point, Logan and Pops are having a conversation about trading stocks. Here is an exerpt:

Logan: I think Apple is a good stock to buy, even at these price levels, but it makes it less attractive because it is so expensive.

Pops: But the price doesn't matter. If you bought 50 shares at $100 or 100 shares at $50, you'll still make the same regardless of how much it moves.

Logan: That's a good point, but in the stock business, its not just about stock price...its about quantity as well. If I can buy a stock that'll have the same percentage movement as Apple, but pay $20 instead of $100, why not do that?

(We'll spare you the rest of the conversation. He's a smart boy, like his mom.)


Feel bad for Logan...he's just seen his first muffin topper and is both grossed out and mystified as to why any one would appear in public like that. I mean, come on!!! have some dignity! Do a few sit ups before you shove yourself into that outfit, lady! Just because your clothes are size 6 doesn't mean you are. Geez. Ick.

Editor's note - for those of you who aren't privy to the term "muffin topper", a "muffin topper" is a person (generally a woman) who wears clothes that are much too tight for their bodies, thus causing their gut and side rolls to pooch out between the bottom of the shirt and the top of the skirt or pants. Its very unsightly.


I believe this is what we refer to as a pizza dream. In Logan's case, we see that not only is he dreaming about pizza, but he has developed quite a pizza string.










Logan and mom also had an interesting conversation about eating the right formula:

Mom: So, you see Logan, babies are very specialized and need the right formula. Would you put regular gas in a Mazarati? Of course not.

Logan: Well, I really like the soy based formula, but it sure bottled me up. I felt like I was having a baby every time I messed my diaper.

Mom. Yeah, don't go that far. You couldn't possibly relate. In any case, the soy stuff just didn't do it for you. I think you'd rather have a tummy ache than being constipated, right?

Logan: Absolutely, but I don't have to like it.

(it goes on...e-mail for more on the conversation...)



Here, Logan is in a state of tranquility. He has eating like a pig, burped like a man, took a huge man-dump, gotten a clean diaper, and is now sitting very contented in mom's lap. Could life get any better? Why, yes it could! We could do this 8 times a day for 3 months.
















Ok, that's about it for now. Logan will check in again, as time permits. Good night, all.


aaron

1 comment:

Auntie JoJo said...

Thanks for the update! I really enjoyed the pictures of Logan - I prefer the real thing though. Give hugs and kisses to Logan from all of us.

Love Uncle Fred, Auntie JoJo, Cecilia and Sarah